ditto to the above. I've had some frustrating times in saltwater when stripers were busting on dense schools of bunker or sandeeels and my flies weren't getting any love.

Before switching to a sink tip (unless you have another rod rigged and ready), somethings to try are fishing the edges, especially letting the fly sink. I try not to get the fly line in the school.

I've also had luck fishing crease flies, sometimes getting strikes well into the retrieve, that fish have seemed to peel off and follow a while before crashing.

And, don't ask me why, but I've had a lot of luck with pink deceivers in situations like that, when no one else was hooking up. Bunker are silver, sandeels are green, and the pink fly seems to really stand out in schools when the more imitative ones weren't working and fish seem to really key in on it... baitfish may ball up like that to confuse predators making it more difficult to single out individuals. In any case it's worked for me on stripers... hopefully LMB will fall for it too. I just don't show the pink ones to anybody until I catch a fish on one...

Hope this helps!

peregrines