I have been trying my hand at furled leaders. Watched Kathy Scott's DVD a couple times and did a little other reading. Got the furling part down pretty well. Making the end loops is GIVING ME FITS!!!

I have tried the furled loops that Kathy describes in her DVD as well as the "Shorb" loop (I think that is the name.) Can't get a good loop to save my life. I usually end up with a twisted up mess. The leader starts to unfurl or twist around on itself, I miss hooking the loop with my "knit picker" or something. Don't know if I am just too stupid to figure it out. Maybe my short, stubby fingers get in the way or what. But after I've ruined 2 or three leaders I'm ready to throw the d*** knit picker across the room and go have several adult beverages.

Anybody have any suggestions? Can someone point me to further instructions, different type of loops, etc. (Anybody simply tie a perfection loop on each end?)

By the way, I hope to have Kathy show me how its done at the Greatwaters Expo in Minneapolis next weekend.

Thanks.