Was finishing off burger & fries just prior to stringing up my rod to fish a local river this past Tuesday. SUV passes by and driver looks over and waves. Goes to the turn-a-round just up the road; stops back by and asks if I've caught anything. Tell him haven't started fishing yet. Ask if he fly fishes and he says for about a year. Does he tie? No. Said come over to my vehicle and I'll give you a few I tied last night for this particular stream. Also gave him some "Soft Weight" and showed him how to use it. Thanked me and asked if I lived nearby. Told him no; but, my son and family were coming up this weekend and looking for a house because they'll be relocating here in about 3-4 months and one of them they'll be looking at is just past the Park entrance about a third of a mile away. Said if they buy this one I might not have to drive the 40 usual minutes if I stayed overnight at their place. He asks me if the house I'm talking about is on such & such street and I say yes. The guy looks at me a little funny like and then announces, "I'm the builder of that house!"

Longer story short; after looking at about ten houses this past Saturday they're going to make an offer on the "builder's" house first.

So; does this qualify for the strangest thing ever caught while fishing? A house builder...