Our church had a fly fishing cam this weekend. My pastor and his friend Rich instructed the 7 campers. What a great weekend!!! We started on Friday night with a casting workshop where Rich gave us all individual instruction, followed by a Bible study session and an introduction to the creeks we were going to fish on Sat.

The instruction was wonderful. We learned how to tell what is hatching, the importance of fishing terrestrials, different casting techniques, where to look for fish, the importance of using barbless hooks, the value of catch and release, how to mend our lines, and a lot more.

Sat. we fished the Laurel Hill Creek in SW Pennsylvania. After about an hour of streamer, nymph, and terrestrial fishing we had a caddis hatch. I caught my first trout, about a 10 incher, on a dry fly... a parachute caddis that I tied during the week. Caught another on one of the "Too Simple Elk Hair Caddis". It was great.

We fished the Yellow Creek in South Central PA in the evening. There was a great Sulphur hatch. I had a lot of strikes and one fish on the line but never landed one. It was great to ee so many wild trout ising in a pool.

All together the 9 of us caught over 60 fish in the two creaks. What a great time.

Learning about God, Fly Fishing, and friendship... who could have asked for a better weekend.

------------------
Brad