This isn't really a tadpole, and it really isn't a leech, but it's a darned effective fly called a Gill Buster. If you're a tyer, tie on an hourglass weight or beadchain Clouser style, then lay down a thin zonker strip over the top. Wrap the thread to just above the hook point and wrap it down back and over to the eye and tie it off. Incredibly effective in black for bass and bluegill. I match the thread with the zonker color. I also match the weight to the water temperature and other conditions. Mostly I'll use the beadchain get up because it's so much lighter and still does the same dance. In fast moving or cold water I'll use the hourglass weights. Tied in white it becomes a dangerous walleye fly, and white, yellow and black have all caught crappies. Olive, orange and black are very effective on smallies. I guess if I were starving and had just one fly to choose to feed my wife and I, I'd take a black Gill Buster over every other fly ever tied. I know it works in Nebraska waters, and those ponds down off the Interstate by Kearney are proof! JGW