I started my flyfishing addiction with a graphite rod. My daughter's boyfriend at the time had a couple of old Fenwick rods, a 6' 5 wt. and an 8' 5 wt. I really liked both of those rods, and I almost bought one about a year later. However, I stayed with graphite for another 14-15 years. I recently became interested in fiberglass for small streams, as that is the type of fishing I do the most. After looking at the price of new rods, I started searching the used rod market. I lucked into a Fenwick Classic Glass, a 7 1/2 ft. 6 wt., that was apparently built in the early 90's and never fished. This rod came to me in NEW condition. I didn't expect too much from a 4 piece fiberglass rod, but boy was I surprised. It has a great action (medium) and the backbone to handle a good sized bass. Roll casts like a dream. The day before this rod came in, I got an e-mail from Feather Craft, saying they had some Diamondglass rods on clearance at half price. Before I could really think about it, I had ordered an 8' 4 wt. The Diamondglass seems to have about the same action and performance of my 8' 4 wt. Winston WT. I have fished both of these rods 2 or 3 times so far and really enjoy them. I think I'm about ready to sell off some of my graphites.

Larry