Quote Originally Posted by kengore
3M super 77 is a contact adhesive. For a permanent bond you should spray both surfaces, allow them to dry until no longer tacky, then press firmly together for an instant bond.

If you laminated the layers while the adhesive was wet it will not stick. It might stick after several days of drying if the adhesive in the interior can evaporate enough solvents. The glue deep inside the laminates is sealed in so air-tight by the foam it may never dry.

I punch my foam plugs using sharpened brass tubes from the hobby shop. The tubes are thin wall brass and come in diameters from 1/8" to 1/2". I cut a 3" section and sharpen the edge with metal file or sandpaper. You can easily push these through the foam using a twisting motion.

Are you are going to turn these down into popper bodies using the dremel tool and sand paper technique? If so,you might consider just cutting square blanks with a sharp knife, then cutting off the corners for an octagon. This should be close enough to a cylinder shape to allow for sanding.
Fantastic, see now if the can were a little more clear and I a little quicker, this might have saved me seom time. 12 hours later it does seem to be set up a lot better, no sliding or anything. I am in no hurry so I'll just give it another day or two and see how it goes. In the future though I'll take your advice on spraying both sides.
I don't currently have a dremel tool, and somehow I like the round plug shape. Perhaps at a later date I will get more creative.

Flyrodde, I also like the idea of making a handle - I may have to try that on the larger sizes.

Thanks all,
Erik