+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seaducers for Bass?

Default Seaducers for Bass?

Anyone tie and use Seaducers for Bass?

It was originated as a saltwater shrimp pattern, I think. But I have it on good authority that LMs and SMs really like Seaducers.

BFB,

I've caught bass on them fished dry as a topwater pattern.

They work, but other things work better.

Good Luck!

Buddy
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

BigFlatBrook-

Don't fish them much, but have heard they're a fly that's recommended for pike (white hackle tail, red wound hackle head). They cast well, the tail gives it a fishy action and they push water, so it could be good to try moree often.

For bass I've had some luck fishing bucktail streamers and deceivers for baitfish imitations mid depth, rabbit strips and clousers deep (with floating line) unweighted black zonkers, muddlers and marabou muddlers also deep (with sink tip) and snake flies and unweighted muddlers for top water bait fish imitations.

peregrines

Have used them for bass with great success. Works even better for hybrid, striper and skipjack. Sizes I mainly use are 2 thru 2/0. Mostly white tail and flash, white body topped with red head. I usually fish them witha floating line. Good luck, Gary

Comments appreciated, I tied some white with red over the weekend on 1/0 stinger hooks. And I'm going to throw those at some pike in the coming weeks, in addition to the bass fishing I'm going to do later on.

I tie them down a great deal and use hem for crappie and gills as well as bass (whites, smallies and bucket mouths). But by far my favorite salt pattern for anything fresh or salt is a pink and white crazy charlie.
    Steve

It seems to me it's a pattern with some built-in movement, although it doesn't look anything in nature. But neither does a spinner bait. And really, a woolly bugger doesn't resemble much either.

I tied mine with some really soft salt water saddle. I like the way they look with that soft saddle, and I think they out to work.

+ Reply to Thread