+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite Clouser pattern?

1. Default

Thanks for the video link!

Default favs

#1 for me:
    Olive over beige with single gold tinsel on each side. painted dumbell eyes in red/black.

#2 Chartreuse and white with slight pearl or silver sparkle flash. silver tungsten eyes.

JaPa,
    I see you're located here in PA. If you are fishing the Susquahanna for smallies go with a Dun gray back and white belly with 6 to 8 strands of light blue krystal flash. These are killers in the Susq. The immitate the blue back herring that are very abundant in the river. This combo dose great for me!
    WARMOUTH,
    If you read this a little trick for proportioning clousers is to measure one dumbell eye behind the eye of the hook, this is where you tie in your eyes. Remember clousers are meant to be sparcly tied not big and bulky. It's all about eye positioning with clousers, if you have them right everything else works out. A good lenght is as mentioned in another post, about 3 inches of equal colors top and bottom with 8 to 10 strands of flash in the wing. I just got done tying up several dozen clousers for a local fly shop and got several more dozen to go. They are great flies and take a lot of different species of fish. Good luck to all, now back to tying !

Blog Entries

I think we are seeing geographical differences based on types of baitfish that predominate in each area. Texas is chartreuse or grey over white, the shad are impressionized by the grey white and the chartreuse/white, well, like Lefty says "if it ain't chartreuse, it ain't no use".

Fire Tiger (orange/olive) is good to imitate bluegills.

I've caught several bass on the olive/orange with gold Flashabou.

+ Reply to Thread