I finaly got to use my pontoon boat over 2 days at the "BIG O", the weather was cold and wet with some fairly strong south westerlys and the boat handled the conditions very well.
The fishing was fairly hard but I managed a total of 12 fish between 11 and 22 inches with the 22 incher bang on 2kg (4.5lb). Most of the guys managed a fish or two and it was a great weekend. Most of the fish were taken on beadhead blood worms fished dead drift in the holes between the weed beds.
The pontoon boat is a Versa Vessel that I bought second hand and I was impressed with the standard of construction, the ease of asembly and the amount of storage. The only thing I have added to the boat is a 3lb downriger ball as an anchor and it held well even in the gusty alpine conditions of the last couple of days. The only slight problem with the toon is that I find it hard to track straight when rowing into the wind, but maybe this is a problem with other brands as well? Or maybe it is just poor rowing style on my part!
All the best.
Mike.