I just realized that I have not received any of my Mustad hooks in the old, familiar cardboard box since I started tying again in the year 2000. You remember the nice little box with the Mustad label on the side and the neatly folded sheet of wax paper containing the hooks. They were easy to store and you could the write styles and hook sizes on the side of the box.

In place of the nice cardboard boxes, I have received plastic boxes which are often far too big and bulky for the size of the hooks they contain. They have a lip for peg-board display which adds to their bulk and increases the difficulty of storage. The boxes seem to require a steady pull of 600 pounds to pull open them even when the paper label is cut in advance. Cut the plastic hanging lip off and you can never get enough of a grip on the remaining box part to pull the box open again . Pull the box incautiously and the box explodes open, scattering the hooks over an area the size of a football field .

I know about Hook Hotels and hook organizers but I would rather store my hooks in the plain old card board boxes. Anyone else miss them? 8T