Why is it I always take offense when I feel someone thinks I am stretching the truth. Is it a Fisherman's nature? Is it my raising? Maybe I need to see a therapist LOL.

Here was a post froma topic I recently posted about a rod I called the scwhacker and the clinic from one of the mini conclaves in the early 80's.

Posted: Mar 14, 2007 7:29 am Post subject:
Early '80's SE Conclaves???

As I remember, the South Eastern Council wasn't formed until about 1990, with the first FFF - SEC Conclave in 1991, in Atlanta. The next SEC Conclaves were in Haynes City, FL- 1992; Ashville, NC - 1993; and New Olreans, LA -1994.

Prior to that time we all headed to Mountain Home, Arkansas for the FFF - Southern Council Conclave. Actually, a bunch of us still head to Mt. Home every October.

Posted: Mar 14, 2007 3:52 pm Post subject: I beg to differ
I beg to differ!!!!!!!
The FFF chapter of The Tennessee Valley Fly Fishers Held a south Eastern Mini Warm Water Conclave at the Joe Wheeler State park from 1984 to 1989. It was shortly after this when the Salt Water/Warm Water conclaves began to appear south of here. Here is a pic of the pins from 1987 and 1989 I lost the 1988 pin on a hat that blew off in the river that had a smallmouth on it. The South Eastern Councils first conclave was in 1991. 1st conclave pin also pictured. DON'T GET ME STARTED. I have probably attended more conclaves than you have then again maybe not! Sorry I can't stand being accused of Lying.

1987 & 1989 Mini Conclave Pins

1991 SE Conclave Pin 1st year.
Pins pictured on the original thread.