+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Little Southern Culture?

Default A Little Southern Culture?

Butter Cups

Without sounding too extremely feminine and risking all respect of the fellow anglers and extreme adventure freaks, I present to you a little bit of southern culture! Ok maybe not culture...but I thought they looked nice sitting there by the water?s edge. Couldn?t tell if someone had actually taken the time to plant them or if they were wild. I don?t recall seeing many white with yellow centers. Mostly only yellow ones around here.

The other reason for the photo?...well to be honest...my wife and girls love to tease me about a recent country song they now know all the words too. ?I?ve got a new Girlfriend? One of her favorite parts is...?I love it when she calls me buttercup?.

Ok...Now I feel a little sappy and somewhat beyond the point of masculine pride. So I think I?ll get back to fishing! Don?t forget to slow down and sniff the flowers or something like that. Just be careful this time of year they may have a bee in them or worse the dog could have just lifted a leg! Hey maybe that?s why the yellow ones are yellow?!?

~~~waders~~~

Waders
    Your masculinity is intact
    That's a narsiss not a buttercup
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Hhhhmmmm...Dudley

Blog Entries

Buttercups are poisonous with an itchy skin irritant. Here is an image of a buttercup.

Children like to bring them home to their moms . They will cause a rash on your fingers if you pick them . Fortunately they taste really bitter so the chances of a child ingesting them are very small.
    Washing the hands with mild soapy water will usually cure the itch.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman
    Hhhhmmmm...Dudley
    Hey Duckie, I spelled narcissus wrong
    I'm still good
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

You guys better come up with a "buttercup" fly pattern....we're beginning to wonder

All parts of the Buttercup are poisonous. Cattle will seldom graze buttercups and so the plant often stands well above the cropped grasses of many pastures. Chemical ingredients which make the Buttercup poisonous also protect it from soil bacteria. Early settlers used a preparation made from the Buttercup plant to dissolve warts.

A Canadian weed to help us with our warts?
    nam

Default Ok I feel better

Thanks for the education on flowers. I feel a litle more masculine since I didn't know...LOL.

I called a buddy to go fishing last year and he moaned and said..." I CAN"T!" with a slight wimper like a little child I heard him mumble..."I promised the wife we would go to the PANSY FESTIVAL!" I fell out laughing! The what! I exclaimed. You just wait till I tell the guys you are gong to a PANSY FESTIVAL!
    I think he was ready to skin me alive!

As much as I hate dandelion, I think another Canadian import, at least you can eat the greens and if so inclined make that devil's brew...dandelion wine!
    nam

Hmmm, I've heard the dandelion seeds came from France where they were considered very lovely. Translation of the name 'main of the lion' became dandy lion, hense
    dandelion.

+ Reply to Thread