+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daughter's Catfish...

Default Daughter's Catfish...

I am just testing this. Hopefully it will turn up.I just managed to get on a computer, upload pic, etc. Thanks rrhyne56 for your help w/ this. It took me long enough.

This is my daughter's catfish from last summer. It was on a light tackle. I know it isn't flyfishing...but...am still proud of her.
    Teri

The Will of God will never take you to where the Grace of God will not protect you.

That is great...and don't care if fly rod or not...WONDERFULLL

H.W.
    Nothing brighter than a kid, her fish, AND her smile. Skinned elbow and all!!!
    Love it....
    ....lee s.

Your a great Dad!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

BTW...DShock...I am her MOTHER...lololol. Her dad wouldn't know how to fish even if his life depended on it.
    Teri

The Will of God will never take you to where the Grace of God will not protect you.

I thought it was against Montana St. law for a Man NOT to know how to fish???
    I'm sorry I thought you were the Father!
    It's only normal for me to insert my foot into my mouth.
    I just wrote your name on a Post It note so it won't happen again.
    Your a Great MOM!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

I figured all men knew how to fish...much to my surprise, he didn't. He couldn't even start a charcoal BBQ.

However, did ya know...a friend of mine emailed me an old Montana Code Annotated w/ very OLD, outdated laws on the books. Evidently it is ILLEGAL for a woman to fish M-F by herself and illegal to fish at all on a Sunday. Evidently I am a major felon in MT.
    Teri

Your daughter caught that catfish on a FLY you tied?
    Earthworm Fly
    Hook; size 6
    Thread; brown
    Chenile; brown
    Soak overnight in catfish bait
    One serving
    Doug

I was a size 8 hook...and an anorexic looking worm not soaked in anything. She was baiting her own hook, casting her own rod. I suggested she bring it in because it didn't go out very far, and next thing we know, it's running upstream...and I mean taking off. Scared the daylights out of her... But she regrouped and caught that cat. It was a monster for her...

Kid Rod Setup: $20
    Anorexic worm: $.01
    Gas for trip: $30

Huge smile and life long love of fishing: Priceless
    Teri

Teri,
    Channel Catfish surprised me a few times when I used to bobber/jig fish for crappie.
    One time I was fishing from a tough spot on the shore and a channel cat (big) grabbed my jig and took off and never came back (broke off).
    The most memorable was when I was in a rubber raft and fishing for crappie and I pulled a ten pound channel cat to the raft. I didn't want it IN the raft so I let it go.
    I have always liked them because they were pretty good fighters.
    Doug

+ Reply to Thread