I mainly use Straight mono line. I buy the Berkleys Vanish line. It's flourocarbon (?) 8# for most situations and 12# for heavy weeds or grass. I use straight mono line for striper/hybrid fishing too. I use a furled leader for trout and panfish because of the smaller flys and a better presentation. Good luck, Gary