ducksterman,

I told you that I would report my findings as soon as I was able to get together here with my friend who has the meter to use to test line breakage points.

I made up 4 furled leaders out of 4 different materials and took them over to his house tonight after work and here are the results which turned out very interesting:

Coats & Clark 100% Nylon Quilting Thread in .005 diameter broke at 5 pounds

Berkley Vanish fluororcarbon in 2 pound test .006 diameter broke at 10 pounds

Berkley Vanish Transition fluorocarbon in 4 pound test .007 diameter broke at 13 pounds

Ande mono in 4 pound test mono in the pink color but has no diameter listed broke at 20 pounds!!!

Since flurorcarbon loses it's ability to become invisible under water when it is furled, maybe we need to make our furled leaders from mono instead. I will be purchasing line in mono and trying more tests. I will keep you posted on the results.

All the furled leaders broke at the shorb knot on the tippet end. Keep in mine the pressure we applied was direct straight pull and under fishing conditions with line stretch and rod flex, we will be talking an all new ballgame and I would not know how to test the breaking strength under those conditons.