I was reading through some of my flyfishing magazines tonight and seeing all of the wonderfull places to go and fish in these United States. At the end of most of these articles the price for daily and weekly excusions was listed. Do these prices seem kind of expensive to any one else? I have never begrudged anyone a good wage and a profit( God bless capitalism).I have been hanging around with a few groups of fly fishers and havent really gotten to know many of them on a real personal level .It does occur to me that the majority of these fellows are at some form of executive level in their occupations. Most of these folkes think that 2500$-4500$ for a week of fishing (with all of the stuff)is a great bargain. I have yet to see in any of the magazines that I read any place that advertises fishing areas that are at what might be described as a "bargain" ne economical for the blue collar guy.
Am I the only blue collar guy here?
Am I the only fellow here that thinks like this?
I know its nice to have a dream and all but are there a lot of guys here that do these trips very often or is it mostly the sports writters?
Patagonia?New Zealand? Kamchatca? All wonderfull places Im sure. Im also sure that the lottery is not comming my way. I know Im grousing and all but this has been on my mind for a bit.Any one else think along these lines? Hear of any bargains lately?