Ok, I have been fly fishing just a year now and I had been catching fish during the late spring and summer (trout), but I still cant seem to catch any trout during the early season. If I dont see the trout I dont seem to catch them. For instance, today I went to one of my regular spots the water was a bit cloudy from melting snow I suppose but not completely mucked up. I was hitting all the spots that looked like it should hold fish, I ran small nympsh, emergers, midges, then I switched to a larger stonefly nymph and larger emergers. Now I did see some bwo's and some small dead bugs midges I assume. I just dont seem to even get a strike. I even tried working the water like I read in articles, by casting a few feet in front of me then a few feet further breaking the water into sections to cover more of the water. Still, nothing not even a bump. I dont exspect to catch fish all the time but dang it I want to at least some of the time Any input, other than (only fish dries lol) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

wire