+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Renzetti Presentation 2000

Default Renzetti Presentation 2000

Anyone sprung for one of these, or tried them out? The additional adjustment joints (head & arm) look helpful, but wondering if they and the aluminum construction will add up to too much bend/wobble/play.

David:

Forget wobble & play when you are talking about a Renzetti.

While I don't have the Presentation 2000; I do have a Renzetti Master which has an adjustable head angle like the new Presentation. I can happily report ZERO issues after 3 or more years of heavy use.

That adjustment is nice to have when you want to tie really small or really big flies since you can accurately keep the hook center-line without clamping the hook really far or really shallow in the jaws.

It also helps to give you some added clearance on tiny hooks if you make an adjustment.

Added to all of that is I personally find Renzetti's service to be great and Lily Renzetti awesome to deal with.

I have an older(read as ancient) 2000 and it seems to be made of stainless. My traveler is aluminium.

As for wobble and slack, it doesn't have any. This vise has been through several jaws so it's seen a lot of service. All the rubber parts were replaced last year.

My wife just popped for one of these for me and I am very pleased with it and wouldn't trade all the swiveley joints and stuff for the world. I came from a danvise though and have no other experience than that with vises. I have tied about two dozen flies on it now and have fallen in love so I would definatley recomend, as well as I have heard from every one the service from renzetti is outstanding.
    Steve

Default Stem comes apart? :?:

Unfortunately, can't get these directly from Renzetti.com; they are only being sold through retailers. (All) Y'all are convincing me though.

One limitation I'd rather it didn't have is that you can't use stem extensions. Apparently, on other models, it's the top of the stem that is threaded that allows addition of extensions. Does the bottom of the stem for a pedestal mount come out so that it can be used in a vise? What length/type is your stem?

+ Reply to Thread