First, you'll love your Bill Taylor rod. I have a few, with another in the works. Great performers and excellent cosmetics.

Second, don't skimp on the reel. Bogdan the very best, I think, but nearly impossible to justify the price of the trout-size clicker reels, considering the availability of Godfreys.

I have both & both are superb; but the Godfrey Classic or Westminster styles are 1/2 - 1/3 the price of the Bogdans, and have the advantage of a one-screw takedown. This means you can easily get into the reel to clean out debris & lube it. Not only that, the takedown screw is concealed by a finger-tightened screw-on cap...so, if you bugger-up the takedown screw, the cap screw conceals your ineptitude. See tedgodfreys.com.

Peerless reels also readily available, and are excellent. Drags especially smooth, at least on the ones I've owned. Takedown possible but requires the removal of more screws.

Lots of great Hardys also available. Would buy used, as the prices of the new ones are 'way inflated, in my opinion. My bias, though, is for a great American reel on a great American rod.

Again, I'd not skimp. You'll never be satisified with a budget reel on that rod.