+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Selling GPS coordinates to great fishin???

Leaving the medium totally out of it(and the inherent danger/benefit to environment), my question on the issue still stands. Is it the purchasing/selling of coords or the using of them that is the issue to some?

Selling GPS coordinates is legal, but what does it have to do with the normal weekend fisherman?
    Nothing! Just remember something, if you do proper research before you buy electronics, you will find that companies will always stop short before they tell you that the GPS or Fish Finder will catch fish for you.
    HUNDREDS of dollars for the electronics or hundreds of dollars for more fishing equipment??
    It's YOUR money!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Electronics are not being recycled in the process of boiling them in third world countries to extract what little elements can be sold, sadly the environment of those countries and people are being poisoned by the process.

Hopefully we will have an ecologically sound and cost effective technological breakthrough to be able to reduce electronics to thier core components without the poisoning.

Electronics are manufactured with poisonous materials, they break down into poisonous materials.

The main point is, "There are trade offs to most decisions, sometimes the outcome is better, sometimes it is worse."

I would say GPS is less effective compared old school comunication with people and trial and error, others will not.

Quote Originally Posted by NderdaFilm
    Electronics are not being recycled in the process of boiling them in third world countries to extract what little elements can be sold, sadly the environment of those countries and people are being poisoned by the process.

Hopefully we will have an ecologically sound and cost effective technological breakthrough to be able to reduce electronics to thier core components without the poisoning.

Electronics are manufactured with poisonous materials, they break down into poisonous materials.

The main point is, "There are trade offs to most decisions, sometimes the outcome is better, sometimes it is worse."

I would say GPS is less effective compared old school comunication with people and trial and error, others will not.
    I got your point. My point is that paper is environmentally worse. They use poisons very similar to those used in metallurgy...arsenic and so forth...to mfg paper. Speaking of NIMBY, which would you rather live next door to: a paper mill or a Motorola plant?

But I would agree with you that there is no substitute for mentoring and experimentation. But a GPS is not even designed to replace that. It is designed to replace a paper map and a plastic compass.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmat
    Leaving the medium totally out of it(and the inherent danger/benefit to environment), my question on the issue still stands. Is it the purchasing/selling of coords or the using of them that is the issue to some?
    I have no problem with fly shops and guides getting paid for their expertise. That's what they do. Expecting them to give that expertise away for free is cheap and insulting. When they do it...and they often do so quite readily...they are doing someone a FAVOR.

While in my early 20's, In Wisconsin, I lived blocks from a Paper Mill, smelled like money!!!!!

Why worry, according to the U.N., in the end we will all be killed by farting cows.

Quote Originally Posted by NderdaFilm
    While in my early 20's, In Wisconsin, I lived blocks from a Paper Mill, smelled like money!!!!!

Why worry, according to the U.N., in the end we will all be killed by farting cows.

Nah! Cuz we can buy our carbon neutrality from Al Gore for about $120 per year! Haven't you heard?

Al's like FG, HOT!!!!
    If Al keeps flying around selling his movie, he could turn out to be the next Ghandi, Mother Theresa or Vice Pres!!!!
    WOW!
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

I watched a well known TV fishing person angling for pike in shallow water. He says "YOU NEED 4 THINGS"
    to fish for these pike.
    1. Good pair of polarized sun glasses..OK!
    2. Flasher bow mount depth finder...WHY?
    3. Dashboard mount GPS Fish Graph...WHY?
    4. Underwater TV....................WHAT?
    Someone has to pay for this fishing show!(Sponsors)
    If you looked at all these electronics on your fishing trip, you will NOT have any arm pain from casting to the fish your supposed to be there to catch.
    Doug

Blog Entries

Just a thought about GPS, when you DO buy those coordinates, who is to say that they are good? I am sure that in a few years there will be tales abounding about guys who spent good money for the coordinates to the local "Honey Hole" only to find out that they lead him to a stall in the restroom at the local greasy spoon.
    Can he press charges for fraud? Considering the meaning of the terms "honey wagon" and "honey pot", probably not.

Some things don't change much.

+ Reply to Thread