I still don't get the issue. If people want to spend their money on a set of numbers, more power to them. If they want to sink a camera into the stream/lake/river so they can see the fishies.. so be it. If they want to rig their float tube/kayak/canoe/boat/pontoon/vest out with gadgets that beep and whir and sputter but do absolutely nothing to enhance the enjoyment of fishing... let em.. it's their money. I don't know about the rest of you, but I go fishing to get away from things that sputter and whir and beep and, in many cases, to get away from people altogether, excepting those fellas that came along with me. Solitude is a beautiful thing, as SM mentioned in an earlier post.

I guess I just don't get the "this isn't right/moral/proper" argument, nor do I understand where the environmental issue fits in this particular conversation about selling lat/long to honey holes... yes, SM, I understand books take trees and produce industrial waste, electronics do not(depending on which direction you're arguing from).. but that's not the topic. I just don't see how buying coords is any different than buying a book that tells you where all the waters in your state are, maps them out, gives directions to get there, where to stay while you're there, what flies might work best for you and how to fish them, etc.. etc.. etc. It's really no different.

How it takes away the person-to-person interaction or the experience of learning that can be had from fly-fishing is beyond me, as well. You're still going to go to a shop to buy whatever(rods, flies, line.. COORDS??) and get into a conversation with someone, somehow... about something fishing-related. You're going to run into folks on the stream, you're going to tell your spouse, significant other, brother-in-law, son, etc.. about the place you fished, what you caught and on which flies. That's not going away. I'm a younger guy and I LOVE that aspect of the sport as much as I love finding some out-of-the-way stream and having an adventure or two. Whether I looked said stream up on a map, bought coords for it, got the coords from google earth or was told about it by another fishing friend... what's the difference? So long as the fisher-person takes care to not leave a trace, doesn't kill any fish if they don't have to and respects anyone they may happen upon while they're fishing... who cares how they got there???