The following is a very important post I found this am on the Ozark Angler.com conservation forum. This Mo Senate bill needs to be soundly defeated. Here in the Ozarks, we cannot allow powerful ag interests from Jeff City to cram anti-conservation legislation down our throats like this...stripping us of our LOCAL control over our own air/water quality and land use. Please write your state senator and urge him/her to vote NO on this bill.

"Found the following in the Kansas City Star Friday March 2, 2007

The other locations for the permits will be Mark Twain Lake, Battle of Athens Historic site in Clark County & Arrow Rock Mo. will be granted permits for construction of 4,800-head hog farms.

Here is the real shock of the article; and I will quote "State Senator Chris Koster, recently filed SB 364, which would protect farmers from costly lawsuits over odors or pollution and would pre-empt local laws regulating agricultural operations"

"The Senate committee passed the bill, which now goes before the full Senate"

Koster says he's simply recognizing that agriculture is moving "towards the modern world whether we like it or not"

WELL if this is the "modern world" take me back to the stone age!!

I think the Honorable Senator from Harrisonville needs to quit smelling the roses corporate agribusiness sends him and take a sip of swill we all will be drinking!"

Blogger's Note: This post was a reply to a thread on OzarkAnglers.com's conservation forum about a new permit just granted within 1/2 mile of Roaring River State Park for a 65,600 bird poultry CAFO (confined animal feeding operation) on the Roaring River, which feeds into Table Rock Lake.