Thanks Fellows.. RE: FOTW: well there has got to be a thousand different Bass Bee Patterns out there already. Respectfully, if one of you wants to do a write up on this-by all means give it a go. Would be a fun project.

here is another view for you:

The reciepe:

1) Start some royal purple chenille- small size cotton chenille at hook bend and taper an abdomen. Secure the cord and spiral the loose purple cord forward in an open wrap to minimize bulk. Leave a gap and then build-up a huge thorax (like a bee has) and tie it off.

2) Dub a yellow band in between the purple build-ups. I used some cactus chenille ( Cactus has some sparkle) and transfer dubbed it to the fly- pinching it against the shank with the tying thread (I Used clear Mono) & stripping it off the Cactus Chenille's heavy twin cords as I went. This technique eliminated unwanted bulk.

3) Prepare two matched pairs of Cree Hen Saddles (See Denny C. for these, as I have never seen or heard of these hens from any other source). Using a soft hackle tying technique, wind one feather clockwise-tie it off/trim, and then next other is wound counter clockwise. Train the hackles not needed to shape the wings to the undereside to create a soft hackle-style throat and tie these off. Shorten the second pair of hackles and tie them in atop of the first pair-do not palmer these.

4) Build-up a thread head and coat with your favorite head treatment and add eyes if desired. You could even add antenna-however its just a bass fly....