I just had to share this with you all.

I had 2 unbelieveable days of fishing. I fished the Kalamazoo River in MI right outside of Marshall and landed over 20 smallmouth on Sunday. That has been one of my better days on that section of river. The fly of the day was a #4 Clouser brown over white/gray with red/brown flashabou. I need to tie up some more after that trip. As soon as I finished fishing the K-Zoo it was off to visit the inlaws, my wife and son at the lake cottage just outside of Big Rapids, MI.

Monday I woke up early to harass the gills off the dock while sipping coffee. As soon as the father in-law was up we were out on the boat looking for gill beds. Sad to say they were not quite ready but were staging in some deeper water. Needless to say I caught several LMB and a 25 in. 4lb walleye.

After the father in law finished BBQ ribs I left from there and headed to the Pere Marquette River. I was on the water about 1700 hrs and fished until I couldnt see anymore. Instead of fishing the PM this time I waded the Baldwin and man what a great decision that was. As soon as the sun started setting Brown and Gray Drakes were every where. It was hard to concentrate on one fish there were so many. I landed about 6-7 nice browns in the 14-16 inch range and a juvenile steelhead Im guessing. Because when I set the hook this thing bolted out of the water about 4 feet and didnt give up. He fought harder than the larger browns did. I left the river about 2115 hrs and didnt get home until 0300 this mornign and man am I paying for it at work today. I think I would gladly make that trade any day.

Seege

[This message has been edited by FIREMAN (edited 31 May 2005).]

[This message has been edited by FIREMAN (edited 31 May 2005).]