+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Also cheated by a member of the FAOL 4 sale board, brhokla

Default Also cheated by a member of the FAOL 4 sale board, brhokla

Cheated out of $150 at Christmas time. Christmas spirit? Actually even before Thanksgiving and cheated my wife out of a Christmas gift. Thanksgiving spirit?

Nov 16, 2006
    Jim,
    Just got your message about the BLA II Reel. How do you want to pay. You can Paypal me or send a money order. Your choice? Just let me know and I will send out the reel. I will be out flyfishing this weekend but available monday if you need to call me. Number is xxxxxx and my name is Billy.

Nov 21
    Hello, sorry for the delay I have been fishing for a few days. I recieved your message on my phone but didn't get the full phone number to call you back. I traded the Lefty DVD already but I will send you the Orvis BLA II reel you are wanting. My number is xxxx and I will ship out the reel as soon as I recieve your money order.

Nov 22
    Sounds good! When it gets here. I will send you the reel as soon as it clears the bank.

Nov 28
    Hello, I recieved the check and will send out the reel as soon as it clears. Thanks and happy fishing!

Dec 1
    I will check in the morning to see if that check has cleared. I will get that reel sent out ASAP!

Dec 17
    Sorry for the delay I took a trip. Reel goes out tomorrow. Enjoy and catch lots of fish with it..

Jan 6
    Sorry for the delay in getting you a message. I have been out of town but I recieved you message today and couldn't make out the full phone number you left. (again?) I sent out the reel thru the US Postal service and you should have recieved it. I will check and see if it was returned to sender..If not then I will send you money back as the insurance will only cover $100 of the reel. I will be back on the 8th and if the reel is there then resend. I'm certain that I sent it to your correct address but will see what's going on. Worse case scenerio I will refund you $150 and get the insurance money back. Sorry for this inconvenance and I will make it right.

Jan 10, 2007!
    I'm going to send you out a cashier's check for a refund on your money. I don't know what has happened but you should have recieved the reel long ago.
    -----------
    I have not heard from him since Jan 10. Couldn't make out my phone number multiple times? It's in print in the message PM'd to him to purchase the reel. He never sent a reel. He has never, ever, from day one even questioned my intgegrity or whether or not I even recieved the reel....because he knows he didn't send it. He has never asked for a verification of address because he has it three times. ON the PM I sent to him, on the envelope with the check and on the check. He has never contacted me to say a check was ever sent. He has never gotten back to me to see if I received said check. NOTHING! I have had some other issues to deal with, but I think he has had ample time to make good and has not even bothered. I have re-located and have a new phone number, however my home address for mail has not changed, nor has my PM in my messge file. So he has had plenty of time and ways to contact me. I wonder how many times he has sold that reel now?

Gemrod, Sorry for your loss. Have you notified Jim so he can prevent this "member" from doing this again?
    GOD BLESS AMERICA
    USMC - VIETNAM VET

Gemrod - I can only imagine how much your blood boiled while dealing with this thief during all that "back & froth."

Good luck & I hope he makes it right, but it doesn?t sound like that?s going to happen.
    Bob

~~~ Fly Fish the Cumberland, it will make you live longer.~~~

Gemrod,

$150 is a lot to loose...

Did you send the money by mail? The US Postal Inspection Service could help. I'd also contact your local, county or state police and see which one has a High Tech crime unit. Sign a formal compalint and they can track the individual through his ISP. Then prosecute!

Problem is, we get all these "newbies" sign up here and post something for sale the same day. No profile, email address, nothing....

This privacy stuff is a bunch of crap; a good firewall with your conditions set will keep your privacy. And, the scumbags won't bother, they'll go to another site.

And, there should be a minimum time as a member before any sales are made. It's easy enough to lock 'em out until the time expires.

I've bought a number of items here over the years and never gotten stuck. I check profiles and membership length...

Gem...get pissed, go to work, get your money back and send someone to jail!!!!!

Regards, Jim

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Gemrod,

I've been burned a couple of times in other situations (not on FAOL) and I always think how nice it would be to have a friend like Tony Soprano to help out. A broken leg would give the ripoff artist time to consider the error of his ways.

I'm curious about one thing. How many posts did this guy have? I would never order from someone with just 3-4 posts (or 10-12 for that matter), no matter how good the deal. I am very about you loss . 8T

He's been a member longer than I have. Since May '05. 189 Posts. Someone sent me his work address and phone numbers and physical address. What I printed in the initial msg is his TOTAL communications via PM mail.

Thanks everybody.

+ Reply to Thread