Went to Wally to see what was marked down. Trolling motors. Bought two.....a large and a small. Got home, no instructions in one, nor registration card, etc. The other had no transmon mount! Wally will take anything that has been returned and not even check it. I think someone needed a transom mount and bought this, took off the mount and then returned it. Wal-Mart will put anything on a shelf to sell. Like a flea market. Just because it is in a closed box that says Minn-Kota doesn't mean you just bought a brand new motor.....which is typical of what ones thinking is. Sometimes you buy by brand name and a sense of trust that it is a good product. I thought I was getting a good, brand new trolling motor in brand new unused condition, straight from the factory. Not so. Neither one of the trolling motors had never been touched. Boaf been out of the box, gawd knows what then, and put back in the box and sold. Someone else may have already had it and abused it. Check your expensive stuff closely before you leave the store.