A friend of mine has a yarn shop in a nearby town. She spins her own wool which is mostly spoken for months ahead of the shearing. So in her shop she stocks assorted yarns and a small selection of craft items. This summer a Super Wal-Mart is opening on the edge of town, and she is scared. She has read books and attended seminars on how to create a niche, on how to stay alive against such economic odds. In so doing she has asked me to put on a fly tying class in her store tomorrow night, and worked with the local sporting goods store to provide tying kits. Whoever wants to tie can sit at the table for about three hours. She's expecting people to come and go at their leisure. I don't know if this will work but it's worth a try. While it is practically impossible to beat Bentonville she is at least giving it a try. Wish her, and us, a little luck. It's too bad that we have one company so bent on capturing every dollar spent in America, and one that has home headquarters in a "small" town. Thanks. JGW