As I read this thread I cannot but wonder why everyone is so interested in knowing "who" makes Cabela's fly rods and reels?! If they own and use Cabela's fly rods and reels and truly love them, why would they care? Are they hoping that a "big" name company makes them. If, so, why? They will still have the name "Cabela's" on them. I have several Cabela's fly reels that I have had for many years and they all work great for my fly fishing. I really do not care who makes them for Cabela's as long as Cabela's backs them with their warranty. Cabela's has been in the fly fishing business for a long time. Thay have assisted me with supplies for my Beginner's Fly Tying Class plus provided their wooden box vise and tools kit when I started my classes 8 years ago. They sent it all and asked for no money in return and they sent 8 of the kits plus 2 large boxes of tying material and hooks! They just wanted to help out. Maybe no one else considers their name one of the "big" names, but, their service to me in the past and present, puts their name up there with other "big" names in my book. I have no problems with their name being seen on any of my fly fishing equipment.

Just relating my feelings on this only and do not mean to offend anyone or upset anyone.