I use poly yarn and brace rubber band that go on folks teeth I called a orthodontist and asked about them and they gave me a few packs for free in different sizes. But the one on flyfishermans web site is a good indicator as I've made and gave away many of them in the past and you can make them multicolored. One of the best colors is Black though. The brace rubber bands wont last a real long time as they will deteriorate like any rubber band after it gets wet and sets in the sun. But they will last the whole day. I use foam plugs from flip-flops in the nest to smallest size I have not quite as big around as a pencil with either a small piece of tooth pick or if you feel like doing it put a hole through the center with a big enough needle that a rubber band will fit in the eye of needle and same with leader. Or buy bulk foam bottom floats like used for walleye and such and do the same thing with tooth pick or rubber band hope this works for you later Matt P.S. I have some of the yarn ones with uni thread wraps that are over 5 yrs old and still float like just made I put a little mucellin on them and rub it in and if it stops floating pick up a bit of mud and rub on it real good rinse it off and false cast it a few times to dry and reapply mucellin.