+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Been there, done that

Default Been there, done that

Tell me about it, Rick. It was fun reading your contribution this week realizing that I'm not alone in my early season scouting trips for open water. How sad the outhern anglers will never know the fever of our ways. JGW

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Hi White,

Thank you for the sympathy that you are extending to us poor Southern Boys. I've lived in areas with an Opening Day, iced over lakes and rivers from November through late March and no fishing through the winter months . I've lived in places with a year around season, open water all year and fishing all year---though on the decidedly cold side . Believe me, the thrill of looking for open water hardly compensates for the year-around fishing. I've done both and year-around fishing wins hands down. Just my 2% of a dollar, I'm sure a few Eskimos will disagree. 8T

Temperatures have dropped and the open water now has a sheen of ice over it.
    There is still soem hope that it will warm up.

Rick

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Rick,

I understand the sense of anticipation such water creates. I love photographs of snow and iced over streams. Beautify and nourishing to the soul but very hard to fish. BTW, glad that you are staying with us. I enjoy All your contributions to FAOL. Thanks for your hard work on the BB. 8T

There's no such thing as soft water around here for another month at least. The good news is that their only predicting another 12"-18" over the next few days.

Kevin

Well Rick,
    If your water gets too hard, you are entirely welcome to wander out this way and pester some of our fish.
    Bring your quotes with you. Warmwater does not seem as warm anymore.
    ....lee s.

Blog Entries

Nashville was sunny and in the mid-70's on Wednesday. I had the a/c on in the car for a while. Feel free to keep your ice. We'd just put it in tea, down here.

Ed

+ Reply to Thread