this is just a random fact, but that claim about red disappearing the quickest is true, but RED LINE doesnt disappear at short depths. I bought a spool of 4 lb cajun red and I unraveled it and put it in the swimming pool in the deep end. At about 9-10 feet of water, using goggles I could still observe the line from about 1-2 feet away. red line disappearing is bogus. fluorocarbon really does disappear though, i couldnt see my p-line 6 lb at all around 1-2 feet of water.

Red cannot disappear so quickly, why? Red hooks, are they invisible to the fish? I've used plenty of crankbaits and spoons with red hooks and the theory of a red hook is the fish is it mimics a bleeding fish. How can one claim red disappears and the other claim it causes fish to strike ?
Weird thing is, I honestly believe my red hook spoons and crankbaits get more strikes than silver nickel hooks. at least a 2 to 1. and for instance, if my rear treble is red, usually the fish is hooked to that red hook or if the front hook is red, the fish is mainly hooked to that hook. I find that unusual. Don't believe the bull that red line disappears, it may be harder to see, but fish and I see red very well. This is why I carry red nail polish and add a dab to some of my lures.