Hello All

Before my question, let me say that the size #12 Gurgle Pop is absolutely my favorite fly for brim and small bass. I use and give away a couple of hundred during the warm weather months. I like the way the GP sits low in the water and entices even reluctant fish to strike. My one problem occurs when I've fished a GP for 10-12 minutes, caught a couple fish and the the GP has been pulled under by the legs many times; the Gurgle Pop sinks or stays down under the water and doesn't come when it gets jerked down by a leg. I would like to make my small GPs (size #12) more buoyant. I already use a quarter inch plus strip of foam, a dry fly hook (Mustad 94840 or 94845).

My question is this, what is the most buoyant, water resistant material you can thing of to form the tail and dub the bellies of these size #12 gurgle pops. BTW, increasing the size of the foam strip seems impractical because larger strips don't seem to tie down well. What do you think about Polar Fibre as a tail material and dubbing for the body? Much thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have. 8T