+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hijacking

Default Hijacking

This is the most uncomfortable Post I've ever written. You've heard of the phrase "Seeing The Light" I guess I finally have.
    I recently registered on the Sporting News site.
    Early saturday morning I logged on to the site and clicked on the NBA topic.
    The first Message at the TOP, was about site rules. All the way at the bottom was a short message about the growing problem of Hijacking.
    I am so guilty of this it's ridiculous!
    So, I am going to change my ways.
    I WILL STICK TO THE TOPIC. IF I HAVE NOTHING RELEVANT TO SAY ABOUT THE TOPIC, THEN I WILL SAY NOTHING.
    IF I WANT TO TALK PERSONALLY WITH A MEMBER, I WILL SEND A PM AND I WOULD LIKE OTHER MEMBERS TO FEEL FREE TO SEND ME A PM.
    FAOL is too good of a site for me to ignore this problem. It's kind of like a snowball going downhill, it just get's to be bigger and bigger.
    Hopefully I won't have to go to REHAB, so I need you guys to help me by sending me PM's, because I'm like a FISH, I see the opportunity (FLY) and I grab it.
    Your my family and I want to be a better member.
    Thanks,
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

I don't see a big problem on here with Hijacking on this site. But then again I know that I am as guilty of doing it as anybody else on here. I think most of the the posts here usually go just fine. I certainly don't think you have been a problem.
    The flaming and hijacking on some other sites does get quite incredible at times and is a very big problem. I believe that the character of our faol members are what make this site great and also keep the hijacking to a minimum.

Perhaps JC and/or LF could comment here and say if they think it is a problem that needs looking at.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

I, personally, would never hijack a thread , well, maybe occasionally. If it looks like it could be getting contentious, and could be brought back around with something simple, maybe. But, then again, I do like eggplant.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Agree with Gnu Bee

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu Bee Flyer
    Perhaps JC and/or LF could comment here and say if they think it is a problem that needs looking at.

Attitude seems to be everything. Just as in normal conversation, the subject can move on in a natural path. I think that is good and am in favor of it. It is how people communicate. Hijacking is not a problem on here, due to the class of readers won't be, and is what makes subjects interesting. To block it is as dumb as these zero-tolerance programs. Set up rules, don't think or use any reason, just dumbly follow them. Plans like that are for people to hold a high job without any brains and no responsibility for any decision's.

By the way, did I just hijack this thread?

Default Hi jacking

I know this is about Hijacking but would you mind if we talk about----------------------- Just kidding.

JaD
    Fish like predator.

Visiting a SPORTS site was interesting. I immediately
    saw that the SPORTS topic is a lightning rod for OPINIONS and MORE OPINIONS!
    I can see the BB Admin at Sporting News has his hands full.
    By examining Sporting News BB rules, It gave me something to think about.
    Flyfishing isn't a Topic that people FLAME about. FF is a wonderful, peaceful sport.
    This hijacking Topic is going to help ME be better at Posting and Replying.
    I LOVE everyone out there ( especially BETTY)
    I would do anything for anyone around here ( except loan money)
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

Doug, did they have any good recipes for EGGPLANT on that SPORTS site?

Ed

The Mustad 3407 is my favorite salt water hook.

(Gee I haven't used that one in a while.)

For a fine example of highjacking, please see my shack nasties thread..
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

+ Reply to Thread