+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Printer Advice

maybe you don't want that but it allows me to copy pages from fly fishing[tying] magazines, books, etc....also just copy them or any documents...fax , scan all that stuff
    Even if you don't think you'll use it for copying, you'll find if you have one (copier)you probably will. I have an HP all in one that I've had for years. It was higher end ($250 or so at the time, but prices have droppped considerably) and works like a charm. If you are not concerned with 'perfect' print quality, refilling the cartridges is the way to go. WAAAY cheaper than new cartidges.

Friday I went to Office Depot and purchased a HP LaserJet 1022 printer.
    Retail--$199.00
    MY price On Sale--$99.00
    I looked at the Best Buy site and the 1022 was $289.00
    1022 holds 250 sheets, prints a copy in 8 seconds, prints 19 copies a minute.
    1022 has a slot for envelopes, resolution of 1200x1200 dpi.
    Cartridge in printer is good for 500 copies.
    New cartridge is good for 8,000 copies.
    HP Customer Reviews
    22 reviews. 4.9 average out of 5 stars.
    PC magazine has designated HP as a "Reader's Choice" for 14 yrs in a row.
    exerpt from review, "compact, no paper jams, very fast, excellent print quality"
    Thanks for the help!
    Doug P.S. This is a Black & White printer.
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Our son bought us an HP PSC 1401 printer, scanner, copier 2 Christmases ago, & we love it! It's color, quality is excellent, & the cartridges are a good bit less expensive than they were for our old Lexmark. I don't know the price, but Ben said it was a great buy. Worth checking out. Knowing my son's shopping tendencies, I would check at WalMart for this one.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotuber
    Our son bought us an HP PSC 1401 printer, scanner, copier 2 Christmases ago, & we love it! It's color, quality is excellent, & the cartridges are a good bit less expensive than they were for our old Lexmark. I don't know the price, but Ben said it was a great buy. Worth checking out. Knowing my son's shopping tendencies, I would check at WalMart for this one.
    Mike
    Mike,
    Thanks for the help! I bought a HP 1022 and hopefully that will fit my needs.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Doug,
    HP makes fine printers. I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Quote Originally Posted by DShock
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiotuber
    Mike
    Mike,
    Thanks for the help! I bought a HP 1022 and hopefully that will fit my needs.
    Doug
    That's good, HP and laser is the way to go if you don't need pics or color.

When you need toner, there are places like LaserLife that sell that cartridges refilled and considerably cheaper than new HP carts. I have high capacity printing needs at the office, and run an HP 4100 for 25 ppm. I routinely by LL carts, and they work fine.

http://www.laserlife.com/

Default Buy popular for the long haul

For anyone else headed down this path, if you don't plan on replacing it in a few years, consider staying with a popular brand and model/series so that getting ink cartridges 10 years later won't be so hard.

Oh, and I work for HP, so make sure you buy one of ours. Looking at putting kids in college real soon.

Doug

The last two printers we purchased were Brother B&W laser printers/ HL1440 and recently (well, 6 months ago or so) a 5250DN. I've never been so impressed with a printer. Rarely a paper jam, prints forever on one toner cartridge and never breaks down. And cheap, IMO.

My wife and I are software developers and we are constantly printing. So impressed with both.

-pw

+ Reply to Thread