I'm visiting my girlfriend who lives in Columbia, MO for the weekend and there happens to be a stocked lake with rainbow trout in it. They are stocked around October and until February 1st its catch and release then its catch and keep. Now b/c of the cold winter this lake has been frozen over up till about several days ago. How do I go about fishing a lake with stocked trout? Do I use the normal nymphs or should I use streamers? I fished this lake once in the Fall and I happened to wade it. The entire lake is completely covered with vegetation in the spring summer and fall and during the winter theres still piles of weeds around the entire edge. I have used a 1/100th olive maribou jig on a float indicator placed about 3-4 below and it seems to do fairly well on the days that they are biting. does anyone else have experience with these type of lakes? streamers imitating minnows or bluegills?

maybe go to a spinning outfit and use super dupers and spinners? i dont want to but it will be a last resort if i cant get the rainbow trout to bite. from what i heard, they stocked about 1200 trout in a 2 acre lake.