Let me introduce myself my name is Rick Federation. Some know me from this site and many do not. I am getting back into guiding and in the process of getting our website up and going. But I have learned from the past and realize I can?t do all it myself. I am going to be needing tiers, rod builders, net builders and people wanting to sell fish art on the site. The site should be up and running by mid May.
For tiers I will initially need two maybe three to work part time maybe one order per week at first. But as we grow in size and orders we may have to take on more tiers. We will not be tying so many trout flies because just about everyone sells trout flies. We are looking to sell more bass, carp, panfish, pike, salt and tube flies oh and custom work. So don't go and quit your day job but like some of you may know you will be able to pay off your materials with a little profit on the side. And please don't start sending me samples. What I will do as time gets closer I will post again about it and I will say for instance Tie up 4 different bass patterns of your liking and send me some pics of the flies and a bio about yourself and from those I will pick a few to send me samples. Then if I like what I see we will arrange a time to talk on the phone and go from there.
Rod builders I will again just need a couple to build. When I guided before many, many times a client wanted to get a nice little rod and always asked about the custom ones I had on hand. I bet I could have sold 20 or more a year. When the time gets a little closer I will set some parameters and have you send me lots of pics and a bio on yourself then we will go from that point onward.
Any aspiring net builders out there looking to sell a net or two? Same format as above.
How about you aspiring artists out there this would be a great way to sell some custom fish mugs, paintings, carvings etc??.
This post is to see if there is much if any interest in doing this. A more detailed email will post down the road depending on interest. Any initial thoughts?