July of 2005 I was invited by my friend Jan Tomasak to come to southern germany and trout fish.

Jan was a member of the Munich fishing club.

They work oddly over there.

Because Jan was a member...... he got me a ONE day members VISITOR pass.

I planned the trip for 2 months.

I sent my rods over ahead of time.

I drug all my gear and waders with me on the plane.

I arrived in Munich airport at 9:05 am. I could not sleep on the plane. I checked into a hotel near Leinbach Germany. This is in the foothills of the Alps.

Jan arrived 45 minutes after I went to sleep. My wife answered the door of the hotel room. Jan wanted to go scout the water we were going to fish.

I left all my gear in the room. We drove 45 minutes to the Leinbach River. It is a glacier fed stream/river.

Jan told me the german laws on trout fishing. The stream i was invited to fish had graylings and browns in it. The waterway was a catch and keep only stream. Between the 2 of us we were allowed to catch/keep one meter of trout.

I was looking at the stream and the next thing ya know Jan handed me a rod and said...Lets fish....

Wet wading in 44 degree water was not fun....

I wet waded and casted for about 20 minutes. The trout were dumber than stumps....5 fought over each cast...

These fish had NOT been fished for in a while...It was obvious...

I caught 2 bachforrellen and Jan caught 1...We had hit OUR meter threshold. They were about 15 inches each...Only had one decent trout show it tail...

I was DONE....
No waders...No rods I sent over...2 months of Preparation and I was done in 20 minutes.

If i had NOT been invited by Jan....My 20 minutes would have been VERY exspensive. I paid nothing for a one day pass. I did not even need a license.

We went back to the hotel and the owner cleaned and grilled the fish for us....and told US what great anglers WE were....

Back in bed a little after noon.