+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anybody in Branson?

Default Anybody in Branson?

Im figuring to go to Branson this upcoming weekend.
    A couple of questions that I need answered that would be a big help.
    1. Are they still trying to tear the bottom out of the lake with the generators this week?
    2.Is there snow in the forecast?
    3. What seems to be working for flies(dry and sub)?
    4. What seems to be working at night dry and sub( yeah, I like it in the dark too, somthing big strikes,
    not really arent sure how far out it is,what a rush! ).
    Any help on these would sure be appreciated.
    If I get somthing worthy I'll post a photo.
    So far nothing worthy of pictures has come my way except a 10 pounder that I rescued one night ,
    but he does'nt count as he didnt get caught,
    he got scooped out of a puddle that was going dry after generation stopped.
    Yes , I put him back in the deep water.
    Dont get to brag if it aint hooked .

Perch-
    Give nightangler a shout - he should be able to help you out.
    Larry

Try logging on to this site. Nice folks and the owner (Phil) has a fishing resort right on the river. I think he can give you a hand. Ron

http://ozarkanglers.com/forums/

Hey Perch...

Im in Branson.. and RonMT is right...
    for a good up to date fishing report (and a place to stay) on Taneycomo www.ozarkanglers.com is the place...

for a one on one report..talk to me ..
    Here is last night fishing report from a buddy who fishes alot with.. He went because he know I had to work... (Temp. in low teens.. windchill below 0)
    http://ozarkanglers.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5174

Fishing has been good.. no big crowds.. but yes after the recent rain (day before yesterday).. they are generating 4 again...
    We have been catching them on size 10-12 midges at night.. and white (anything 1-3in long.. and white)..
    there hasnt been a shad kill in quite sometime.. but they are really turning on to white right now..

Last weekend they had it shut off at night till about 5am.. GOOD FISHING!!!

Here is my number (417)779-8061
    Here is the number for generation. (417)336-8061.. (just called got 4 units going)

I'll be on the water friday night (trip)..
    and free on saturday..

Leonard

Fellas,

I too am headed to Branson this weekend and was curious if anyone here is familiar with Crane Creek? If they are generating I was thinking of making the run up there too check it out so any comments would be welcome.

Dan

Dan..

I have never tried to fish Crane Creek.. but alot of people says it fun.. and with the recent rain.. there sould be some water in it..

Over on Phil's board.. you may get a better response..

Leonard

I'm in Springfield, MO about 45 minutes from Branson and Taneycomo and I fish there fairly frequently. Night Angler is right in that they have been running at least 2 and sometimes 4 generators almost non stop the last few weeks. For that reason I have not been down to Taney for the last few weeks. It can be done - but I just don't like to wade and fish there when they are running water like that. It's just really difficult to get a long drift and get your fly deep enough in those conditions. I have had fair sucess at times when they are generating with a big indicator, a couple of split shot and a double fly rig of a weighted mohair leech and a zebra midge.

Crane Creek can be really good when the water is up. That seems to make the wild bows less wary.

It's too bad you are both missing out on Roaring River state park. It's not too far from Branson and the fishing is always good there. But this weekend is between the winter catch and release season (ended last weekend) and the March 1 opener of the catch and keep season. So it is closed this weekend and the next.

Greg

What do you mean Crane Creek is closed for the next two weekends? Why? Storm cleanup or something?

I was thinking about heading out there the next time it warms up. I love it and I have permission to fish private stretches.

Is it only closed on the weekends? I can fish on weekdays.

My mistake. I tagged that sentence on the wrong paragraph. I meant to put it in the one regarding roaring river. I've corrected it. As far as I know Crane Creek is never closed.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by glm38
    My mistake. I tagged that sentence on the wrong paragraph. I meant to put it in the one regarding roaring river. I've corrected it. As far as I know Crane Creek is never closed.

Greg
    Yeah, it's a CA or private stream. And the CA's usually only close if there is a serious safety hazard or major construction work that prevents public access.

+ Reply to Thread