I just want to pose a question here. I absolutely love fishing small streams. I think there is nothing better than crawling up to the bank in the tall grass and casting around corners from my knees in pursuit of spooky fish, due to low and/or crytal clear water. But, I haven't ever met another angler that would rather (given the choice and chance) fish a smaller stream than a bigger, well known river, as I would. I would rather fish a tributary to something big--just a little spring-fed creek or somethin--than fish the big uns, any day. I understand that the fish are typically smaller, but so are the crowds and I've caught my fair share of 16 and 17 inchers in a foot of water that I could stradle. I can almost always either see the fish or know where they'll be, versus playing the casting-guessing game with 50 yards across-stream to cover. Don't get me wrong, I love standing in a rushing torrent or freezing water and watching a hog charge up-stream with my reel screaming, but given the choice, I'd take the solitude, the silent whisper and the ever-so delicate presentation of a dry-fly any day. So, am I the only one?