Hey Bug,

I'm not a regular at Myrtle Beach but I do get there a couple of times each year at different times throughout the year. April is a little early but if you have no objection to smaller fish, you should have some fly fishing opportunity. Spot have moved into the surf and creeks at that time. Flounder and trout my also be available You will actually see some cane poles used by the spot fishermen but they wouldn't be fly rods . I stay up at the North end of North Myrtle beach in sight of the Cherry Grove fishing pier. That's the pier that the world record tiger shark was caught from----fifteen and a half feet. In the Cherry Grove area, you have good access to the Waccamaw River and the inland water way. Just pull in the parking lots of restaurants and businesses on Kings Highway and drive to the back area. Lots of good access to totally unfished waters. There is very nice park at the north end of Cherry Grove with lots of boardwalk space along the waterway---seldom crowded at that time of year. If you walk the beach up North, you also come to a major inlet to the waterway.

I know this is pretty sketchy, but you can definitely find plenty of water to fly fish. Without a guide (I never use one), you will have to explore with your car. There is plenty of water to fish so definitely bring your toys! 8T