Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie_D
Hi guys,

I've been on here for about a year now, and I am just dying to share some good shipping stories ... wonderful ones (to which I'm sure you'll contribute) and some other really awful ones ... which I'm sure you'll really want to share.

Heads up greedy folks! $8 shipping for 12 flies!!!

Ron in Winnipeg
Ron,

If you want to see greedy go to the Canada Post website and check on their rates. For me to send a parcel Expedited Parcel with my business discount from here (Nova Scotia) to you (Winnipeg) for example my base cost is in the range of $9.00 before fuel surcharges and taxes. This would be a box about 4" x 3" x 2". A box just slightly larger than that cost me just shy of $10.00 to mail to PEI last week and the darned thing only weighed about 100 grams (1/4 lb).

For most shops doing mailorder freight costs are a loss leader and not a money maker by any stretch of the imagination. If most shops charged what the actual shipping charge was (at least here in Canada) then there wouldn't be any mailorder service left. It is ridiculous that i can mail the same sized box to the USA or overseas cheaper (not by much mind you) than i can inside Canada.