I have been flyfishing for about 6 years now (the last 2 years a lot more than the 1st 4), and I've mainly used nymphs. I really enjoy fishing with nymphs and I've had good success with them. Plus, they are fun and relatively inexpensive to tie. (I use 85% of my own flies) Therefore, I have just occasionally used dries.
This year, I'd like to branch out and start using dries more. I'd also like to tie my own. So far, my budget hasn't allowed me to fork over the money to buy quality dry fly hooks and hackle, but I was wondering if I could just use regular nymph hoooks for my dry fly needs. My only concern would be that the nymph hooks that I use [Dia-Riki 060) are very strong, and therefore might be too heavy. I didn't know if any of you had any experience with this topic. Thanks for the responses.
P.S. The I use, [url=http://stores.ebay.com/Gypsy-Outdoors:94bb4]Gypsy Outdoors[/url:94bb4], an eBay seller. I have dealt with them two different times, and I really appreciate their great hooks, prices, and service.

Hydlide

*edit: Link Fixed