Quote Originally Posted by Litehen55
Looking for a two or three man float boat, probably 12-14 ft. Want to get a high end boat. Any suggestions? Consumers Reports doesn't give rating on most sporting gear.
I'll assume, as others have also done, that you are interested in inflatables.

Northwest River Supply makes one of the best on the market. Whether you opt for a raft or cataraft, there are a number of variations you can choose from for the materials and frame, and they are built like a tank. (However, heavy as well.)

There are 2 other manufacturers that you may wish to consider. Both are top of the line, and thrive on customizing to meet iindividual needs.

Sotar is one (already mentioned) and the other is Ray Pelland (see his website at:
http://www.cataraft.com/), making a cataraft that he presently calls River King.

I have one of Ray's cats that is about 10 years old, and was made when he was stil living in Sand Point, ID. Mine is 11'3"L, with 19" dia. tubes, an aluminum and cedar frame, and it's as good as the day I bought it, even though I use it at least a couple days a week on western rivers all summer and fall.

Although I often take a second person with me, if I had to do it over I'd opt for something between 12'-14'L, and 20"-22" tubes for 2 anglers. Although it'd be possible, I think 3 anglers on a 14' cataraft would be somewhat cramped (as 2 of us are on my 11' boat).

John