any of the rods mentioned will work well. i have fish for pike with a fly rod and love it. i uded an 8 wt the 1st 2 trips and caught fish in the 36"- 38" 16#-17# range with no problems. however, i have since bought a 9wt. i feel a 9wt is better for fishing the larger flies you sometimes need to throw a 7" bunny leech. it's a very heavy fly when wet, and a 9 wt will handle that better than an 8wt. get a reel with a good drag, a pike is very fast and will take line. i used an orvis battenkill and did well. i also use an ikuma sierra for steelhead that take line as well as a pike. this year i'll be trying out a sci angler system 2 reel. you can get the sierra for about $40 and it will handle any pike your likely to catch. as for line a floating weight foward or triangle taper is all you should need. however if your fishing late summer the fish may be deeper and a sinking line will work better then. i used a lingle strand steel leader but this time i'll try the flexable multistrand or even titanium leaders. some say that heavy mono or fluoro will work too. i have not tried it yet to recommend it.

have fun shopping and good lick fishing