I will be in the Market again for another fly rod. I have made a decision on the BeaverKill fly rod. I was able to cast them and like the way they feel and the price was very affordable. I will be going with a nice medium action rod. So here I am sitting at my desk today and received a new fly fishing catalogue from yet a new fly shop that I never herd of. I was going through the pages and looking at all the rods. Boy I said, look at all these rods by the names I know and look how all the product lines changed. I felt after reading and looking at all the Rods I am out of touch with who's who any more. That last rod I bought was a close out Sage 690 SP. Loved the SP series and really do not like the SLT line up that replaced them. Now Sage has a new line up all together in addition to the SLT. So does Loomis. T&T dropped some lines and along comes BeaverKill rods which I am glad I found. St.Croix pretty much stayed the same and for the most part so did Orvis. You see when you do not focus so much on rods like I do on my tying you lose touch it seem pretty fast with the market. Also wanted all to know that I really also like the L.L. Bean Fly rods too. I am at the point in my fishing that I really like to get a new rod here and there but not every year. Some of my rods I have sold to buy new ones that you can not pry out of my hands. Love those medium to medium fast action rods the best. I can feel them load and they fit my casting stroke. I just don't see how a guy is to find a rod any more that he will love to own with out test casting every one. Not to mention with all the rods on the market there is getting to many to test cast. Seems like I have to spend a few weekends doing this. I found Beaverkill rods advertised in the Fly fishing magazines and this past January at the Somerset show had the pleasure of casting one in the model and weight I was interested in. Now I just test cast one again and felt very pleased with it. Decided it time to buy it. I think if it was not for the show and I went and looked at catalogues my head would spin with all the choices that are available to me. I feel this is a double edged sword. A lot of choices good for me. To many to look at and test cast, I feel bad for me due to a lot of research and effort needs to me made on my purchase. Am I the only one that feels this way? or is it because I only buy a fly rod once in awhile any more that I am out of touch like I previously stated with the market?

Andy B