+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Product

Default Final Product

Well, Here's the final product. I've decided to NOT make any corrections to the imperfections, but to just fish the rod and enjoy it. I know what I need to do to make the next rod better, so I will leave this one as a benchmark to see how I progress. Aside from the finish on the tip top, the rest of the rod is pretty good.

Joe

Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Default final product

Joe, Looks fine to me. There may be a few hiccups, but it will fish fine. I was in the same way with my Boo refinishing. First one was a little rough, but they have progressed nicely. Welcome to the nuts and can hardly wait too see the next

Thanks Clyde. I have three more blanks ordered and should see them by the end of the week. I can stop any time I want to. LMAO

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Another one flies over the "cuckoos nest".
    I believe what you've done is to "strengthen the very tip of tip section" yeah, that's it.
    If it really bothers you that much, you can send this rod to me since you've got 3 more on the wing. Nice job overall!!!
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

Very nice Joe. Gosh, if that's your 1st, you're doing A-OK!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

6. Default

That is a nice job on your rod
    Blake <((((><

Little Rock AR, wishing I was still in Anchorage, AK

Not bad at all for a first timer, your next rod should be perfect gauging off this one

Attaboys to Joe!! But caution is in the wind here!! You may decide to join Rod Builders Anonymous!! This is a support organization for addictions to rod building, and to join, all you have to do is to send in your first rod. Once you give that one up, you are on your way to a rapid recovery!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dleo6446
    Attaboys to Joe!! But caution is in the wind here!! You may decide to join Rod Builders Anonymous!! This is a support organization for addictions to rod building, and to join, all you have to do is to send in your first rod. Once you give that one up, you are on your way to a rapid recovery!!!
    I don't need no 12-step program. I can quit anytime I want to, and I'm not giving up #001 to join RBA (let me guess, I mail the rod to YOUR house for inclusion in RBA? ).

I'm going crazy waiting for my order. Called them on Monday and the order was held until all the components were in. It was supposed to ship from H&H on Tuesday, but it did not get here today as expected. Maybe the 20" of snow we had has something to do with that? I'm getting the shakes..I need a rod to work on or I'll be forced to work on the Honey-Do list. Aaaaaaaggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

I don't need no 12-step program. I can quit anytime I want to, and I'm not giving up #001 to join RBA (let me guess, I mail the rod to YOUR house for inclusion in RBA? ).
    See, there is hope you guessed it right off so all is not lost...

Hope you get your stuff soon Joe, and I would say you are right, that snow has a lot to do with it!! If you start getting the shakes you can always dig out the one you just finished and just pretend you are building!!!

+ Reply to Thread