+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stripper Guide Choices

Default Stripper Guide Choices

I'm looking for a single foot size #9 which doesn't seem to exist to me which leaves me with the options of double foot sizes #8 and #10. Which do I choose? I'm thinking that I should go with the oversized #10 which would allow the line to pass easier. Any suggestions?

6'6" 2wt 4pc

Greg

Hey Greg,
    Give REC a call, they can probably hook you up on the size you want. just because it isn't listed, doesn't mean that they don't have it or can't get it. 'Course, that's true with about all of the suppliers...

To answer your question, I am building that same size rod and using a 10 on it. It will be primarily casting a Sylk line. Will the line pass easier, theoretically it should, but there are those that would argue the point.

For that short and light of a rod, I like to use single-foot spinning guides to keep the weight (# of wraps) down. Size 8 should be fine, unless you tie bulky line-leader knots. My Favorite is a Titan from AmTak (very cool modern looking frame and extremely light), but Forcast guides from Batson will give you a lot of great color choices.

Actually I take part of that back-- my favorite to use is an aggate stripper from goldenwitch (regardless of rod weight). There is nothing classier IMO.

+ Reply to Thread