TyroneFly,

Concerning the POV camera, Bill Wells, head of Video Ventures, used the POV camera for all the fly tying videos and DVDs he produced, such as A.K. Best, Harrison Steeves, and Shane Stalcup. Particularly, if you love fishing terrestrials, Harrison Steeves's videos, especially the one on beetles, are really good.

If Rene Harrop is one of your fly tying heroes, then, I strongly recommend "A Letter From Henry's Fork Vol. 2" by Rene Harrop. Actually, it is a Japanese video, but for the most part, narration is done by Rene himself in English and it is available in USA although only in VHS. This is one of the two best fly tying videos on dry flies I have seen in the past three years.

In it, Rene demonstrates how to tie PMD No Hackle Dun (#16) along with his other mayfly and caddisfly patterns like Henry's Fork Caddis, Trusty Rusty Paraspinner, PMD CDC Last Chance Cripple, Flav CDC Biot Dun, and New CDC Thorax Dun. Actually, Rene ties three of them including No Hackle while his family (The House of Harrop) ties the others. The video does not use the POV camera, but it has the same viewing effect. You see exactly what Rene views.

For your information, "A Letter From Henry's Fork" is in fact the three-volume video set. Masaharu Katsumata and his staff produced the set in 2002-2003 for Japanese audience as the ultimate final version that epitomizes Rene Harrop's fly-tying and fly-fishing techniques. Volume 1 covers where to fish in Henry's Fork and what fly patterns Rene used during Masa's fishing trip with him. Volume 2 demonstrates how Rene and his family tie six fly patterns including No Hackle Dun - mostly less frequently published ones. Volume 3 shows how Rene presents his flies. I got my set from 'The Riverkeeper Fly Shop.' Call Todd Smith (208-344-383 or visit his website ( http://riverkeeperflyshop.com/ ). He carries a lot of the House of Harrop products, and he must be a really good point of contact as I heard from him that he married Rene's daughter.

It is not a sales pitch. Rather, as a big fan of Rene, I think it is too bad that Rene's new fantastic video is little known in the US.

I hope this helps.