Since it's just a month until the gathering, please e-me at tightloops@peoplepc.com to announce your impending presence. I need to know how much food we need for the BBQ.

Check-in will be at Casey Key Anglers & Outfitters at 820 Albee Rd. in Nokomis, just north of Venice off US41. There's a lot of construction on US41, so please be aware of that if you're bringing a large camper, etc.

We'll have free charts of the area, and updated fishing conditions from lower Tampa Bay south to Charlotte Harbor/Pine Island Sound.

BBQ at my house March 4, 6-ish. 387 Gulf Breeze Blvd., Venice. Take US41 south from Venice/Nokomis. Pass Jacaranda Blvd. (there's a Wal-Mart on that corner). Pass the next red light (Woodmere Blvd.) and turn left at the blinking light at Venice East Blvd.

Drive 6/10 of a mile. The street doglegs right, Gulf Breeze is on the left. When you reach Capri Street (on the left) press your brake pedal. You're home. Park wherever you can except for what passes for my front lawn.

Despite the recent cold snap, fishing has been superb. We still have Spanish mackerel around because the water's been so warm. Water temp dropped to 62+ last night, but it will get warmer over the next few days.

We're seeing plenty of redfish--including lots of tailers in Charlotte Harbor. Trout fishing has been very good, and we have lots of pompano.

Read my article in the current issue of Fly Fisherman magazine on night snook fishing. It's addictive. Like coke, but legal and good for you!

E-me with any questions, and pull up my web site www.tightloopsflyfishing.com for fishing reports.

Tight Loops,
Capt. Tony